MY COMMITMENT TO YOU
It has been my honour to serve families of Ward H since 2013 and I am proud to have delivered some of my promises from four years ago. While much has been accomplished, I know that there is much work to be done. I continue to hear from you the need for more schools and alternative program options and the need for a different kind of school design, one with wrap-around services to support families and community.
I will continue to fight for our interests on the school board and I have heard clearly what our community needs, ensuring that quality public education is available to all our students.
RT @CJohner: Last lunch together as board. Michael is absent. I have amazing colleagues! We have done a lot of work over the last 4 years.…
Thank you to the many parents & community members for the great conversations about public education this weekend… https://t.co/gj80E9RL1l
Here are my second term promises:
- I will keep the focus on student achievement. While we’ve improved greatly, we can do more for our students and their learning experience by making targeted investments in the classroom.
- I will continue to advocate for support for special needs students and inclusivity in the classroom.
- I will work to get a new high school built for the southwest, so that we can be proactive instead of reactive to our demographic growth.
- I will work to achieve more services for families that are integrated and incorporated into our school buildings, which should be a community hub.
- I will continue to support alternative programs since I believe that each student should have the opportunity for the kind of education that fits their needs and that parents need that choice.
- I will secure more funding for English language learners, as this needs of these students continue to grow.
I look forward to continuing the work we have started together and to cultivate the many seeds we have planted this term to help create a world class public school system.
Help me build on the successes of the past 4 years and keep our momentum forward. I hope to again have your support on October 16.