MY COMMITMENT TO YOU
It has been my honour to serve families of Ward H since 2013. I am proud of the work we have done together for the success of all kids. While much has been accomplished, there is much work to be done. I continue to hear from you the need for more schools and alternative program options and the need for a different kind of school design, one with wrap-around services to support families and community. We also need to keep our focus on ensuring students have the appropriate supports and resources in the classroom to succeed.
I will continue to be a strong advocate on the school board for our community.
Through coffee meetings, attending community events and many conversations with you over the last four years, I understand the needs of our community and know how best to navigate through the challenges ahead. I am committed to ensuring that every student at Edmonton Public Schools thrives in their educational journey from the early years to high school and beyond.
Our Record Together
More Schools:- 6 new schools have opened in ward H since I was elected in 2013.
- 4 out of top 5 priorities identified in the Capital Plan are in Ward H.
More kids crossing the finish line:- Over 10 percent increase in the high school completion rate from 68.8% to 80.6% over the last 4 years.
- The high school completion rate of First Nations, Metis, Inuit students has increased by over 30%.
Schools as Community Hubs:- Advocated for a 21st Century School Design with wrap-around services. My motion was unanimously supported by the board.
- Worked with community league to ensure that schools are accessible for community activities.
Services to support families:- Before-and-After School care spaces available at every new school.
- Successfully advocated for additional transportation funding.
Support for Students:- Supported Equity Fund to provide more supports to students in the classroom.
- Supported funding for Mobile Mental Health Pilot Project to address student mental health.
Second Term Priorities
- Advocate for more K-9 Schools and 2 new high schools in Ward H.
- Build Community Hub Schools with wrap-around services to support families.
- Expand alternative program options and programs of choice.
- I will continue to support alternative programs since I believe that each student should have the opportunity for the kind of education that fits their needs and that parents need that choice.
- Focus on student achievement. Continue making targeted investments in student literacy and numeracy.
- Advocate for adequate, sustainable, predictable funding to serve the changing and complex needs of students in the classroom.
- More supports for ELL and Special needs students in the classroom.
I look forward to continuing the work we have started together and to cultivate the many seeds we have planted this term to help create a world class public school system.
Help me build on the successes of the past 4 years and keep our momentum forward. I hope to again have your support on October 16.